Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lauren's Fancy Nancy Birthday Party

I can't believe that my oldest daughter just turned 5 years old! It seems like only yesterday that she was born. I remember nearly every detail of that day as it was one of the best days of my life. As a little girl I always dreamed of having two girls. Well the Lord has truly blessed me and answered my prayers, and I am so glad he did!

Once Lauren decided for sure that she wanted Fancy Nancy to be the theme of her party I got to work on all the details. This was the perfect theme for her as she is always wanting to dress up, wear dresses, jewelry and all things fancy. She changes her outfit at least 5 times a day. And she loves to prance and twirl around as she walks. She is such a fun little girl to have for a daughter!

One of the first decisions I made was choosing an invitation. Here is what it looked like. If you would like to order one for your own little Fancy Nancy click here. I got a lot of compliments on how darling they were.

Our address and my phone number were included but I blurred them out just in case.

I also included a little note that said this:
As much as I appreciate your generosity, please let your presence be your gift. If you would still like to bring something I am collecting items for our spectacular and extraordinary soldiers. Mommy actually sends the care packages, but I am quite fond of filling the boxes. They love anything that we send! This may be the only time when being fancy is not necessary.

The menu included: mini croissant chicken salad sandwiches, mini croissant turkey sandwiches, little heart shaped sugar cookies, mini coconut and cherry cupcakes topped with buttercream frosting and raspberries, a fruit salad made with strawberries, grapes and blueberries and mini lemon cakes. I also made each of the girls their very own little vanilla cake that I topped with buttercream frosting and a butterfly topper. I found a whole set of Candlewick glassware and used the smallest of the plates for the little cakes. I just love the beaded edge on Candlewick! I used mostly clear glass for all the yummies.

Here are some up close photos of the food table. I ordered some custom cupcake toppers from The Tomkat Studio and then attached one of my Crissy G.'s Designs bows to the lollipop sticks so that each of the girls could take home a little bow of their choice.


 I also made these cute butterfly wands for each little girl to have. I just put them all in a vase on the edge of the food table. They looked very whimsical. To make them you will need die cut fabric butterflies, iron on stabilizer, dowel rods, glitter glue and ribbons. I added yellow glitter glue to the edges of the butterflies to fill in the gaps and add a little shimmer. The inspiration came from the one that Fancy Nancy sometimes carries.


I decorated the dining room for the little girls to sit at. I painted two Eiffel Tower wood birdhouses that I found at Michaels with bright pink acrylic paint. After the paint was dry I coated them with "Extreme Glitter" from PLAID in the Hologram color. They looked so much better than just being painted! I hung the butterfly and crown ornaments from the chandelier with organza ribbon. Each chair either had a pair of nylon butterfly wings or a long tutu skirt attached to it. I put extra butterflies on Lauren's chair. I also placed a feather boa and tiara at each place for the girls to wear and take home with them.

 



 Lauren wanted a lemon flavored cake in the shape of a heart. Easy enough! I wanted to do something fun with the icing and since I love ruffles so much I searched for a tutorial on how to make ruffles with icing. I thought it turned out darling! I just put a nylon flower on top with her #5 glittered candle. The "L" I free handed with the left over pink icing from the heart cookies.

My mom made Lauren's dress.



 I also ordered custom favor tags from The Tomkat Studio and attached them to the front of the little white favor bags along with another bow from Crissy G.'s Designs. Inside the favor bags was a pen with a crown on top, a multi-colored stretchy heart bracelet, a candy bracelet with a crown and a cute little soap in a butterfly or crown shape. I also gave each little girl an ornament in their choice of butterfly or crown. 


 

 I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. ~ 1 Samuel 1:27



I hope you enjoyed reading about Lauren's party and seeing all the fun we had. It was a special day filled with family, friends and fanciness. Now I have to start working on Emily's 1st Birthday Party!


3 comments:

Destiny said...

Adorable theme and adorable party! So cute and so sad I missed it!!!!

Partycraft Secrets said...

'Fancy' is right; well done on all the hardwork, it's always worth it and the feather boa take-homes are a great idea.

CrissyG said...

Thank you @Partycraft Secrets! I had a fun time getting everything together. The girls had a really great time with the boas and tiaras. I am now working on my youngest daughter's first birthday party so stay tuned for more party inspiration!
Cristin :)