Wednesday, June 22, 2011

God Has Opened A Door


"I know all the things you do,
and I have opened a door for you that no one can close."

~ Revelation 3:8

This is exactly what I needed to read today. Chad and I have been feeling a bit anxious over the past week as he waits to hear from a company that he had four interviews with last week. We know that God will provide for our family and that we can always rely on him. Why is it so hard to be patient? We live in such a demanding and over indulged society that we just want everything to happen when we want it to. And why not? After all, we can pretty much have everything our way. We are all guilty of wanting something immediately and just because. I have really been taking the time lately to reflect on all my blessings and give lots of praise to God. After all, he is the provider of everything we have. He even gives us our talents, gifts and abilities. Yet we are usually looking for more.

I encourage you to take some time out of your busy and hectic life to reflect on all you have been blessed with. We live in such abundance here in America and tend to take so much for granted. I am trying to stop more and say, "thank you." God has an incredible purpose for your life and you are absolutely amazing to him. I hope you know that God is here for you now, and through his Grace you will be released from all your fears and anxieties. And remember, God's timing is not always in sync with our timing.

3 comments:

Suzzie Vehrs said...

Thanks for that scripture girl!

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

i love this. it's true that sometimes we get so caught up in our lives and the busy, never stop motion we feel obligated to adhere to that we forget how blessed we are and to enjoy the little things! great post!

CrissyG said...

Thank you Suzzie and Britney! I figured if it was something I needed to read then certainly I was not alone.

The more we thank God for, the more blessed we will realize we are. :)