Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Girls Night Out At Polka Dots & Popsicles

When I first moved to Gilbert I was excited to be close to the San Tan Village. There are tons of great shops and restaurants at this mall, and I like that you don't have to actually go inside a mall to get to each store. It is not really ideal for Arizona's hot weather, but it is prettier than a traditional mall. And these types of malls usually have some different and fun shops. I am always on the lookout for a local business I can support.

After driving around a bit I noticed one store that had a big, metal, pink bow out front. Very cute and catchy for a girly girl like me! The name of the store is Polka Dots & Popsicles. It sounds like a store that I would love. Well, I was right!!! This store is filled with fun, funky, unique and very creative products.
I currently sell my jewelry, bows and signs in this awesome store.

Here is an interior photo with my signs right out front. I make them with children's names, with a family's last name, wedding anniversary, all the family's names, etc. The options are endless as they are custom made. If you are interested in a custom created sign please contact me. The 1'X2' signs start at $80. I also make smaller ones that are 12"X12" and hang with ribbon. There are other designs that the store carries that are not custom.


In August, I started helping to coordinate a Girls Night Out that they were already having monthly. The store is so full of great merchandise, that more people just need to be aware of it. I love hosting and planning parties so I thought helping them would be fun and rewarding for all involved. I look forward to them growing each month and becoming a place where women come to connect, support each other and network. I am so passionate about supporting women in business. My dream is to be able to employ many someday.

This evening would not have been possible without the help and support from the following women owned businesses: Fresh Chick Designs, Milk & Honey Interior Design, Decadent Delights and Fanciful Frames. They were all happy to provide support and a door prize too. I encourage you to check out each of their sites and become a fan on their Facebook pages. They are awesome!

 I wanted the colors to really stand out in the store so I picked a combination of red, purple, white, black and turquoise! I put a fluffy red pettiskirt around the base of the cupcake stand.

 I used a variety of cake stands, plates and trays. Some got a lining with paper for an added punch of color. The drawers were filled with bows from my Crissy G.'s Designs line. The frame popping out of the drawer is from Fanciful Frames. They have the neatest shapes!

My husband was sweet enough to bring this dresser that he repainted for me to use. It turned out so pretty and was the perfect addition to the store. So perfect that the owners bought it from us!
 All the printables were designed by Fresh Chick Designs. The lovely and delicious cupcakes were from Decadent Delights.

My beautiful friend Michelle from Milk & Honey Interior Design.

 My beautiful friend Destiny from the blog "A Place for Us."

The next Girls Night Out is September 20th. Our theme is going to be "A Tribute To Our Troops," and we will be collecting items to send care packages to our brave men and women. If you can't come on September 20th but would like to donate something please drop the items or money to help with shipping costs at Polka Dots & Popsicles anytime. Your support is greatly appreciated!

No comments: