Sunday, November 20, 2011

Faith Filled Sunday - World Concern and Compassion International


Thanksgiving is just four days away and Christmas is peeking around the next corner. With the joy and excitement of the holidays I start to feel extra grateful. Grateful that I live in a country where I can achieve my goals and dreams, provide for my children, not go hungry. Really the fact that I am typing on a computer right now proves that I am blessed. Blessed to have been given so much by a God who loves and adores me.

Jesus took care of so many who needed him. I want to be His hands and feet and take care of others too. I am passionate about two organizations who are also His hands and feet. World Concern and Compassion International are wonderful organizations I want to share with you today. They both work to bring people out of poverty and provide essential needs for the least of these.

I learned about both organizations on K-Love, which is a Christian radio station. I donated to World Concern to provide immunizations and bought a water filtration system from Compassion. We now make it a Christmas tradition for Lauren to choose an animal to send to a family in need. I encourage you to support these organizations this holiday season and give a gift that is needed rather than wanted. Please join me in being His hands and feet. One person truly can make a difference.


2 comments:

Shaina Moats said...

The water of life system that you donated is very cool. Did you know that it provides water for a lifetime? It doesn't have an expiration date. Thank you for mentioning Compassion on you blog. I'm so encouraged by your thoughtfulness and how you have taught your daughter the importance of helping the poor.

CrissyG said...

Thank you for your sweet comment Shaina! I am building my business to be able to give more money to those in need. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
:)